Whether I provide your entertainment of not, the following list might be helpful in organizing your party.
- Make sure to get your invitations out early and collect the RSVPs in one place.
- Have film/batteries/tape for your cameras. (Yep, this list has been here a while.)
- An outdoor party is a great idea and have a fallback plan for inclement weather.
- A good rule of thumb for the number of guests is the child's age plus 2.
- Be sure to allow time for late arrivals (there will ALWAYS be late arrivals). Your entertainer should be able to help you out in this area.
- Before the party remove anything that could distract from any entertainment you are providing.
- Take the time to discuss your party with your entertainer. Chances are he (or she) has been to more of these things than you have (I've been to about a thousand) and can help you craft an event that is perfectly suited to your audience.
- Two hours is a great length for a party. A good order of things is to start with the entertainer. Follow that with snacks/food/cake. End by opening the presents.
- Put a clear plastic sheet under the table where the kids will be eating. It will make cleanup much easier and could save your rug. Be sure to tape down the edges.
- Make sure there is adult supervision at all times, especially during the entertainment.
- Goodie bags are a popular idea. A great place to get them is from either Oriental Trading Company or US Toy Company.
For the quickest response
give me a call at
703 - 442 - 3134